MWA Summer AmeriCorps - Field & Trail Technician
This position is offered through the Pennsylvania Mountain Service Corporation and is a 300-hour temporary position from May 15, 2023 – August 4, 2023. Member will serve at Mountain Watershed Association, 1414 Indian Creek Valley Road, Melcroft PA 15462
Member will be expected to:
- Conduct or coordinate with volunteers to conduct maintenance activities such as installing trail
fencing, kiosks, benches, repairing trail surface and moving fallen trees etc. between scheduled
- Assist with water quality monitoring activities including treatment system monitoring, bacteria
monitoring, biological surveys, etc.
- Assist with water quality data entry
- Assist with maintenance activities at mine drainage treatment systems
- Attend staff meetings and outreach/conservation/education team meetings as needed
- Participate in fundraisers and outreach events such as local events, festival, fairs, etc. for info
- Attend orientation and other meetings as mandated by Pennsylvania Mountain Service Corps.
- Must be a US Citizen, US National, or lawful permanent resident of the US
- Must be at least 17 years of age
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and independent worker
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including occasional evenings and weekends
- Willingness to perform physical labor
- Must have reliable transportation and willingness to travel when required including a valid
- Pennsylvania State Police, Pennsylvania Child Abuse, and FBI Clearances will be required for
- Experience with or willing to learn safe use and maintenance of trail equipment like chainsaws,
weed whackers, pruning clips, etc.
Member is expected to serve 300 hours from May 15, 2023 to August 4, 2023. They will receive $332.26
living stipend every two weeks and upon successful completion of service they will earn a $1,374.60
education award that can be used for future education or to pay back student loans. For more
information visit Pennsylvania Mountain Service Corps website www.psmc.org.
Applications due by April 15. Please email resume to Carla Ruddock, Director of Conservation at Carla@mtwatershed.com.